As most of you have heard by now, we found out on Friday 8/8/08 that we are expecting TWINS!! I know that some of you are surprised and some are not. Well, even though we knew it was a possibility for multiples, we were still very SHOCKED!!! When God answers prayers, He really answers prayers. We are so excited and completely beside ourselves. We never honestly believed that we would be blessed with 2 babies at once. When Dr. Sims was doing my ultrasound, I had to ask him to double check that there were no more babies and that he was absolutely certain there were only two. Let me tell you , even though you know deep down inside there is a possibility of more than one, it is never real until you actually see 2 hearts beating. We are now so in love with our rice grain sized babies, there is nothing like it. They are fraternal twins which means that they are in 2 separate sacs. They will not necessarily be identical and could possibly be a boy and girl! That would be perfect....just get it all out of the way in one pregnancy. ( I know that Sean and my family are already thinking that as well). So how has my pregnancy been so far???? My only signs of pregnancy have been my sore Porn Star sized boobs ( I know Steph, they are only going to get bigger), the "protective fat layer" as I call it, that does not fit into my size 6 Banana Republic pants anymore and the fact that I am extremely tired all of the time. But as far as being nauseated, I have not had the pleasure of that experience.....until Saturday. It hit me all at once and has not stopped. I am nauseous from sun up to sun down. I am learning to eat every 3 hours and will soon be the size of a house I'm afraid. Needless to say, I am grouchy and becoming very hard to live with and this is only week 7. I am proud to say though that going to the doctor on Friday, I was expecting to have gained a few pounds because I have been eating like a cow....much to my surprise, I have not gained a pound since the day of my retrieval. But I have a feeling it is all about to catch up with me. Being nauseous all day, I am eating a serious amount of carbs that I am not used to eating. So we'll see how the weight gain goes. ;0)
We have created a website for the twins to share with all of you the journey that we are about to explore. The link is on the right side of the page and is titled Forey Twins. Please check it out when you have a chance. I will try to update both places as often as possible. Our password is Forey Twins.
What to pray for this week:
- Pray that we carry our twin babies full term and that they are healthy the entire way
- Continue praying for the development of both the babies hearts
- Pray that I do not run my husband out of our house with my raging hormones and nauseous stomach
Love to you all!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I KNEW you would have success and with TWINS...what fun :)
Blessings!
What is the password for the Forey Twins site? I can't wait to check it out...I loved looking at Emma's :)
This is so awesome!!!! I'm having a hard time containing my excitement right now. I wish you lived near us so our twins could play together. I am going to pray for those two little grains to thrive and grow and make it to full term! I got nausea late like you and it went away in the 2nd trimester, at which time I went on bed rest. :-( I'll be praying you don't experience anything like that and that you just have a wonderful pregnancy all around! Email or call me any time.
Post a Comment