Okay....so I have 15 month old twins and I feel that I have really started adjusting to having double trouble...so I thought!!!! Monday night was a true test of my nerves with my very speedy and mobile 15 month olds. Sean was at a meeting with work, so I had the nightly routine of dinner and baths all by myself. Dinner went great and we were all smiles and ready for baths by a little after 6. I get them both undressed and into the bath tub and they go crazy. They are splashing water everywhere, throwing toys, standing up, crawling over the tub, dumping water on Mommy, making a mess and having a giggling fest all while doing it!!! It was so funny and they were loving it! I love to see my sweet angels get so much joy from something as simple as just taking a bath. After playing for a while, washing hair and bathing little bodies, Mommy had enough fun for one bath time. Chance is out first.....I take him out, dry him off and lay him on the floor to lotion him up while Brynlee is still playing in the tub. After just a couple of minutes, I look up and Brynlee has one leg hanging out of the tub and is trying to climb out. What in the world? s
he has turned into a little climber these days! I of course immediately react with, "no ma'am, sit down." Not what she wanted to hear, so of course she starts to cry. I leave Chance on the floor naked and half lotioned up to get her out of the tub. In no less then the time it takes for me to get her out of the tub and attempt to dry her off, Chance had rolled over to his stomach and is pushing on the lotion bottle squirting lotion all over the bathroom floor. Really? Lotion all over the carpet...so not fun. I let her run free to grab the lotion out of his hand and clean it up. In that split second, he turns to the cabinets, opens his favorite door and begins taking everything out of the bathroom cabinets, throwing it on the floor. Miss Priss is running around bare butt naked laughing and starts to run in and out of the bathroom. I ask them nicely a few times to exit the bathroom, not even a look to acknowledge what i said...they just kept giggling and run over each other to get to the cabinets. I proceed to "loudly" say, "Get out of the bathroom." as I pick one up and put them out, the other runs in, I take that one out and the first runs and crawls back in between my legs into the bathroom. They are running, crawling like mad, giggling and screaming. After a few rounds, I finally pick them both up I'm sure holding one by the neck toss them out of the bathroom and shut the door. Of course, they both throw themselves at the door, crying because they "need" in that bathroom. What in the world? What is their fantasy with our front bathroom? I know, I know cabinets, but really??? They were out of control!!!! It was so funny! I wish I would have even thought to get the camera, but it all happened so fast and was quickly getting crazy, I did not even think to get it out. I have to capture these moments to share with them later, so they will know the torture they put Mommy threw when she was on twin duty all by herself! I hope this little incident brought a smile to your face today! Have a blessed day!