Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update Overload

I am so far behind with updates, I do not even know where to begin. Lots has been happening at our house these days! The Wee Ones have a new found love.....helping Mom do laundry. Excuse the quality of these photos.

They have decided that sitting in the laundry basket while Mom is folding laundry is most fun!!! They will crawl into the laundry basket, with clothes already folded up in it, and just sit like it is a chair. Occasionally, a piece of clothing will come flying out of the basket and end up unfolded on the floor. No biggie...it was in the way so it had to go! HA!

Little Miss Priss likes to crawl in and out, in and out of the basket and would do it all day long if I would let her! She thinks it is so funny to put all of her weight at the front of the basket, tip over and all of the laundry fall on top of her!!!! It is really funny to watch her get so tickled about something so simple!



Mr. Man, crawls from the basket up onto the couch and throws all of the folded clothes onto the floor. He gets a kick out of throwing and laughs everytime! He is such a big helper! HA! I know I am a bad Mom letting him crawl over the couch, but the PT wants him crawling and climbing to build strength in his legs and hips!!! So crawling and climbing is what he does! He is doing GREAT!!!


The weather here has not been all that great over the past few days and so last week I had to think of some indoor activities for us to do. The Wee Ones would live outside if we would let them and so because of the rain and all the mosquitoes it brought in, I had to keep their minds off the water table and playing outside and keep them busy indoors. As a baby gift, a very dear friend of mine, Joel, gave the babies the greatest gift. He bought 8 canvases, painted them chocolate brown and bought a can of Silver Sage paint from Restoration Hardware, which is the same paint color as the Wee Ones nursery.

The idea was to do the Wee Ones feet and hand prints when they were first born. They were such toe curlers and fist makers, that I never got around to doing it. I knew it would be such a challenge and with minimal sleep I got at first, I never had the courage or patience to do it. A few weeks ago, they finger painted a canvas and had so much fun and did a GREAT job, I decided that maybe they were ready for their nursery art. So I got everything out and got them ready for some serious painting. Stripped their clothes, washed their hands, laid out the finger painting sheet and we were ready. Keep in mind, I am doing this all by myself....Daddy was at work. So no pictures of the actual project in the making, only the aftermath! We practiced placing their hands and feet on the canvases before painting them and they did such a great job during their practice run and even kept their fingers and toes somewhat still. I did Miss Priss first and she was loving the paint all over her hands. I let her play with the paint for a few seconds and then prepared her for the actual "stamp". She placed her hand on the canvas, but wiggled her fingers like she was finger painting again, so her fingers are all crazy and smeared everywhere. She did that with both hands and even her feet. So it did not work out as perfect as I had envisioned, but does anything with 2 15 month olds?? HA! Mr. Man pretty much did the same thing. His looks like he has these fat puffy fingers, because all he did was move his fingers back and forth when I placed his hand down. His feet turned out okay, but he looked like on one of them he was missing a toe. But I left both of them exactly how they came out and did not re-touch them at all. Here are a couple of photos of the completed project.





As you can tell, Mr. Man was very proud of his art work and wanted to show it off to the blogging world. Is he not the cutest painter you have ever seen?

Now Miss Priss was not so proud of her artwork and was very upset that I wanted to share it with everyone. She was embarrassed that she smeared her left hand and was missing a toe or two, so she was not happy that I was sharing them with the world. I really wish this was the reason and not that she was throwing one of her Diva Fits. I did get this fit on video and plan to show her someday. Total Drama Queen on our hands.


I hope that you are all staying dry and free of mosquito bites. More rain is heading this way this week, so hopefully Daddy will be able to find them some indoor activities while I am at work. I see some pudding finger painting going on with Daddy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails