WOW...has our life been busy and so much has happened in just the past couple of weeks. I do not know where to start. I have been away for many reasons and have just recently been ready to come back. On Oct. 27th, I lost my job. There was an institutional-wide lay off and I was unfortunately part of the lay off. I was VERY upset and angry for a few days, but have gotten over that and now I am just sad. I miss all of the people I spent 6 years with, getting to know and sharing lots of "life happenings" with. But now God has a new chapter planned for me and I am anxious to see what lies ahead. Until that chapters opens, I am just enjoying all of my extra time at my favorite "job" and I think they are enjoying me as well. I get to take the wee ones to school every Tuesday and Thursday, attend all of their holiday shindigs, attend my favorite Zumba class and hang out with our play group more often. So that is the positive side of it!!!
But before my week could get better, it got much, much worse. I must talk about something very upsetting that has happened that requires some serious prayer. On Halloween morning, when leaving church, I received a very disturbing phone call from a very dear friend of mine. Her brother was killed on Saturday night. When I heard the words come out of her mouth, I was in complete shock. I had to stop my car to catch my breath and hear every word that she said. In respect of my dear friend and her family, I will not go into too much detail or mention names, but I just want all of my prayers warriors to know so you can send up some major prayers for this family. The situation is not a good one and there are a lot of unanswered questions involving what happened to her brother. He was 31 years old, had a wife and a 10 year old daughter that he loved more than anything in this world. He lived for his daughter and she knew that she was the love of his life. I know that his little girl and the family have a lot of healing ahead of them and I just ask that you keep my friend and her precious family in your prayers. No one should have to bury their son or younger brother and I cannot imagine how they are all feeling. The week was very hard on all of us and every moment that they enter my mind, my heart just breaks all over again for them. I have a son and I cannot fathom the thought of losing him at such a young age or ever for that matter. And I have a younger brother that I love dearly and cannot imagine burying him. It just isn't right. I am so thankful that my friend and her family all have faith in the Lord and know that for whatever reason, this has was in His plans and they still look to him for strength and guidance during this time. Please remember them in your daily prayers. And please say prayers for my family as we struggle through some issues as well.
God Bless you all!!!
2 days ago


