Our story first began in June of 2001, when Sean and I first met and fell in love, but that is not where our true story began. We were married in June 2003 and moved into our new home in 2005. From the moment we moved into our brand new home, we were ready to start our family...little did we know that our journey would be such a "story"...but it's our story and have decided to share!
October of 2005, Sean and I made the decision to get off of the pill and begin trying to start a family. We were in the process of building our first home in South Shore Harbour League City and would be moving in in November. What a perfect place we were to start our family...so we thought! Our fertility journey all began January 2006 when we were first referred by my OB/GYN Dr. Timmons at St. Luke's to see a fertility specialist. After speaking with a few friends that had traveled down the fertility road, we were referred to Dr. Robert Anding at Texas Women's and there we were diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. For the first year, we did a variety of different types of oral treatments. I took Clomid and Prometrium to try to get my cycles to start back up and they were not successful for us. I finally got back on the pill and starting having cycles again. For 2 years, we did a number of fertility injections and oral medications and were not successful in conceiving on our own. This was a complete emotional roller coaster. I was going through all sorts of emotions and feelings that I thought I could never feel. I hated to see pregnant women....strangers or friends, young or old. I questioned God over and over, "Why me God? What did I do?" "Was it this or this or this that I did wrong while growing up that I am being punished for?" "Was I paying for a mistake Sean had made?" I had no clue and no answers. All I knew was my entire ever being was fertility and getting pregnant. I did not care how or what the cost was. I willing to sell my house, cut off my right arm. I was making deals with God that you would not even believe. I would be embarrassed for some of you to know those negotiations. I would cry in my closet by myself many, many nights thinking that noone could hear me and would never know that I was screaming into a pillow so loud. I felt completely alone and had nowhere to go. I never knew that wanting something this bad, could hurt so much!!! Thank goodness for my Kris, who knew exactly every ounce of emotion I was feeling and could help me through. Everything I did, said or felt was normal. I realized that God had chosen this path for Sean and I for a reason. I still to this day, have no idea what the reasoning is, but God has a plan for us and knows what is best for Sean and I. After realizing that God is not punishing me, I decided to look at the positive side of it all. Going through something so heartbreaking and completely out of my control, I realized that wanting something so bad, makes you appreciate it more once you have it. I believe that Sean and I will be better parents because of what we have been through. I believe that we will be more patient, more appreciative of our baby/babies and have more love then we ever would if this would have come easily for us. My heart aches tremendously for those who suffer what we are going through and I pray everyday for those who are. After such an emotional time, I realized that I truly needed a break. October of 2007, we decided to give ourselves a break from the emotional and physical stress this was having on us and the strains it was starting to put on our marriage. Sean's younger brother Ryan was getting married, Hudson's 1st birthday was approaching and the holidays were just around the corner. So we thought it was the perfect time to take a break and occupy our time with the upcoming events.
2 days ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment