Monday, February 8, 2010

Sugar n Spice and eveything nice....

that's what little girls are made of!!! This weekend, we hosted a couple's diaper shower in the theme of Sugar n Spice. My Sister in Law and Brother in Law, Ryan and Aimee, are expecting their 2nd child, Kolbie Michelle, this March and we are so excited about adding a new girl to the family! Her nursery theme is green, pink and brown circles...so precious! So I thought that the theme was quite fitting. I was HORRIBLE about taking pictures at this shower,but did end up with a few of my decorations. So overwhelming with all of our house guests and the kids that were there, that I just never really pulled out the camera. Yes, we do have children, but they are not too mobile and into everything just yet, so my house is still not completely "broken in" for children yet. So I did not get a picture of the expecting parents, but I did get a picture of the decor and diaper cake I made. I have been working on her shower for months and I was very pleased with how everything turned out. The photos I took of everything, do not do any justice. My camera is horrible and the lighting in our house is worthless for photos.....what it really boils down to is that I am a horrible photographer, I just wish I was a good one. So I blame everything but the photographer for the bad quality of photos. Hee!hee!

So instead of a cake, I decided to do a cookie buffet. Since the theme was Sugar & Spice, we had sugar cookies, peanut butter kisses, oatmeal chocolate, gingersnaps, and pink dipped Milanos, (I named them pink tipped manolos. Clever eh?)
I took this photo after people started taking their cookies, so it does not at all look full, but it was full of good cookies! Gosh I did awful about taking photos. So unlike me! It turned out really cute though for my first cookie buffet. I had a banner hanging over the table that said Sugar n Spice which I made from my handy dandy Cricket machine. In L-O-V-E with that machine!!! But.....I did fail to take a photo..not sure what happened????
This was a frame I made to sit on the gift table. Hopefully it will match Kolbie's room enough that Aimee can use it. If not, it was a cute decoration! Love the little saying! So true, so true!
I love making diaper cakes. For some reason, I was really stumped on this one. I wanted it to be different then any other cakes I had made and I just had a hard time getting a creative feel for my cake. I had a vision in my mind, did most of it, but left a products off that I wish I would have used on the diaper cake, but used elsewhere instead. It still turned out pretty dang cute, but not what I had completely pictured!
I made a clothesline full of bows and clothes that we had bought for Kolbie over the past few months. The clothesline turned out really cute, but I did not get a good photo of it, so I decided to just share my favorite part of the whole clothesline.
Guess who this shirt is speaking of? (She does have 2 other Aunts, but I bought the shirt, so it is regarding me. It makes me feel better! HA!)

Kissing cousins...only legal when you are 11 months and 17 months old right? Here is the pink wee one getting lots of kisses from her sweet cousin Kaylon. Too cute uh? He is practicing for his little sister! He kept kissing her over and over again. It was the sweetest thing!

BIG BROTHER KAYLON!!! He is going to be such a great big brother!

Congrats Aimee and Ryan and we cannot wait to meet you precious pink angel in just a little over a month!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails