Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

While Daddy is on long change (off 7 days straight), we try to do some fun outings together as a family. This past week, Daddy had a fabulous idea to go to the park, feed the birds, have a picnic and play. The twins have never really fed the ducks before....to be honest, I was too afraid to attempt it myself. I am not a huge duck feeding fan, so I just never really wanted to try it...but we did. Preparing myself for 2 frightened children, we headed to the park with a picnic basket, kite and a loaf of white bread.




When we got out and walked over to the pond, they were freaking out....so we decided to sit them on this bench and let there be a barrier between them and the ducks. Miss Priss was perfectly fine with that set up, but Mr. Brave wanted to jump over and chase them. So with camera and Brynlee in tow, I followed Daddy and Chance all around the pond feeding the ducks.




Daddy could not give him the bread fast enough and the ducks could not eat the bread quick enough. He was following them around trying to get them to eat the bread. At one point there about 8 ducks surrounding my baby boy and he DID NOT care one bit. He was loving it and I could not get over how brave he was!!!






Sean had to pull HIM back from the ducks a few times because he was afraid they would snip at him. Chance was not afraid at all and I was in complete shock!!! He just looked so big and brave standing there with all those ducks!!!




Look at the ducks with their mouths open trying to get the bread and he is so not scared! Even writing this now...I cannot get over how brave he was!!!




He found this one duck that he just kept following around and it was so funny!






"Go back into the water Fred! It's hot out here!"





So precious! I was so excited that my man was so brave and I just cannot get over it. Tomorrow they are going to a petting zoo at MDO, so I am hoping we are turning a new corner with live animals and the Lovies!!! Fingers are crossed!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails