Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ready to Go!!!

I had 2 appointments this weekend (yes they work on Saturdays and Sundays). One on Saturday for blood work to test my Estrogen levels. My levels went up from 110 on Tuesday to 600 on Saturday. Dr. Schnell told me to continue my injections and to come back on Sunday for more blood work and an ultrasound. On Sunday, the blood work showed an additional increase in my Estrogen from 600 on Saturday to 1139 on Sunday. Can you believe the difference in the amount? I am just flabbergasted by how much it increased overnight. The ultrasound showed a big increase in the size of my follicles as well. She measured 6 follicles on each side that all ranged from 18-21 cm in size. They want them to be at least 18 for the retrieval. So we are right on track!!! YIPPEE!! The nurse told me, "You look beautiful! We are ready to trigger those eggs and release them today!" She instructed me to get one last injection of fertility meds and an hCG shot (triggers eggs to release) tonight. Monday is a free day....I am free of drugs and appointments tomorrow, then will have my retrieval on Tuesday morning! Please say lots of prayers for us over the next few days. We are very excited, nervous and anxious! We are praying everyday that this is what we need to do to start our family that we are so longing for. This has been a true struggle on us emotionally, physically and mentally. So please say a prayer that this is where God wants us to be and is in His plan for how we conceive our child. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

love!

2 comments:

Laura Ann said...

We are in CONSTANT prayer for you guys. I love the blog and I am so glad you decided to share your story. Looking forward to the wonderful news Tuesday morning.

Love Laura

Judy said...

Melissa and Sean, I love you more that life itself and wish I could take away all of the pain you both feel right now but all I can do is love and support you as you travel through life's journeys.
Love you,
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails