2 days ago
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Thank Goodness for Distractions
After our cruise in March for B and Steph's wedding, we were ready to go full force with the IVF procedure. There was still a lot of planning, testing and hormone leveling that had to be done. We went to a seminar that showed us exactly how the IVF process was done. We saw how the eggs were retrieved, sperm was washed, and the embryos implanted. We walked away from there much more knowledgeable about what we were doing, but in complete amazement by how making a baby is such a difficult process. God has it done to a complete science and it is mind boggling how easy it is for some to get pregnant. I left there with a whole new way of looking at the baby making process. It truly is a miracle from God to conceive a child. So while getting my hormones all together and ready to go.....my Avon Breast Cancer Walk was upcoming in April. We have officially started the IVF process and are in full swing. We started all of the medications on June 6th, beginning with the Lupron injections and I have had a few side effects that have taken over. Bless all of you that have been around to witness these. Mostly migraine headaches and mood swings have played a part in this journey so far. Bless Sean, he has been around for my ragging mood swings and has received most of the brunt of them. Lupron and I do not always get along very well....I'm sure some of you are agreeing and can only imagine! We have exchanged a few words during this phase and I tend to just blame it on the Lupron. I have to milk it for all it's worth. I at least deserve that, right? ;0) Susan, my precious next door neighbor, is giving me the Lupron injections and has been such a saving grace to me. I am a huge wimp when it comes to the actual shot. I can load the meds in the syringe all day long...knowing that it will be in my leg/hip soon, but actually witnessing the needle in my body, is just not for me. I imagine Sean coming home one day and finding me passed out on our bathroom floor with a needle hanging out of my hip. Not a pretty sight. So she has been great giving them to me every morning, rain, shine, week day or weekend at a bright and early 6:30am. She's a trooper!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment