Thursday, September 25, 2008

My New Name

I'm sure most of you already know since I brag about him almost everyday, my nephew Hudson is growing very quickly before my eyes.  He is my sweet boy and we love hearing everything he does on a daily basis.  He is really starting to develop his "Carnes" personality and talking like crazy.  We are trying to teach him all of our names and of course he can say Pop (Steph's Dad) and Papa (my dad).  I think he is starting to get Mimi (Steph's Mom) and Nana (my Mom) down, but he just cannot quite get Aunt Mel.  With Steph home from school due to Hurricane Ike, we talk on the phone daily with him in the background yelling "Mama!  Mama!"  When we are talking, she always says, "It's Aunt Mel, tell her hi."  And he will say to her, "Elmo? Elmo?"  Steph tells him, "No, Aunt Mel."  And he replies with,"Elmo", like "yes that is what I said."  Mom witnessed my new name yesterday as well as she was going through pictures of all of us with Hudson.  So I guess for now, I am "Elmo"  

Another thing he is doing now that is so adorable is lifting up my shirt to see the babies.  If we ask him where the babies are, he immediately comes to me, lifts up my shirt, points to my belly and says, "Bab-ies".  Is is to cute!  If I am not around, but the babies are mentioned, he lifts up his own shirt, points and says "Bab-ies".  He is a mess!  We're trying to teach him the names we have picked out and he can actually 2 of them pretty good.  He says Brynlee really well and can say Colton pretty good too.  It is so cute to hear him say their names.  Of course we do not know the sexes yet, but we do have names picked out for whatever combo of babies we have so we are teaching them to him now.  Cannot wait to see how sweet he is with his new baby cousins.  

5 comments:

Judy said...

I think Elmo is just precious. You could be called a lot things worse. Aunt Elmo has quite a ring to it. He hasn't quite gotten Nana down yet it is kind of like Nanoy or something like that, but he will get it soon.

Love you,
MOM ~!~

Laura Ann said...

I love your new name....Elmo. Baby Kaylon is so cute and I love that dark hair. Congratulations on making it to the 12 week marker...I can not wait to find out if those little Forey twins are boys or girls or both. I hope all is going well.

The Allens said...

I love my neices and nephews! I am eighteen weeks pregnant and my niece has explained to me how to take care of a newborn!

The Allens said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love sharing with people going through the same things we are!

judy said...

I hesitate to blog as my name is also, Judy, and didn't want to confuse it with your moms blog.
As I was just goofing off looking at others blogs, I found yours. Don't want to sound like a 'stalker' or something. lol
I see where you were having twins....how exciting.

I'd hoped for twins from my daughter but instead God has granted us a boy, due in Jan. from our son and his wife and a girl from my daughter and her husband, due in Feb. So, kind of like we're getting twins. :)

God bless you and your precious babies as they grow into strong healthy little beings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails