Wednesday, October 1, 2008

14 1/2 weeks

We had our exit appointment with our Endocrinologist yesterday and everything went well.  We we were able to see the babies and hear their heartbeats again.  Baby A was 158bpm and Baby B was at 165bpm.  Their rates are great and they are growing very well.  We actually have one growing a little too well.  As of right now, it seems we may have a tall baby on our hands just like Daddy.  Everything is good, but because of the length of one baby, my cervix is now going to be monitored and measured every 2 weeks.  I have been strictly ordered to take it easy, no more working out and no more walking for long periods of time.  This puts a damper on a few things in my life.  I was doing the Susan G. Komen walk this weekend and of course have lots of baby shopping to do.  So I will have to do my shopping moderately and with lots of rest in between.  We do not want to go on bed rest.  But everything is great and the babies and I are doing just fine.  I am growing, growing.  I feel like my belly sticks out a mile from my body, but I guess that is what it is supposed to do.  Honestly, I am not as big as what I thought I would be at this stage.  With twins, I just pictured myself being the size of a house.  But as of now, I have not yet had someone ask if I were pregnant.  When they find out, they usually say, "Wow you are so small."  YIPPEE!!  Exactly what a pregnant woman wants to hear.  My only incident so far as been at Babies R Us.  Mom and I were there last weekend looking at strollers and high chairs.  At the check out line, we got to the clerk and she asked, "how many months are you?"  And I said, "13 weeks expecting twins."  Her response was, "Oh?" like, "you look like a fatty further along than 13 weeks."  So I was a little self conscious the rest of the day.  But I guess things like that are going to happen.  

Check out the twins blog and leave us a note if you drop by.  The password is Forey Twins.

love to you all!!!

2 comments:

Gulley Gang said...

We are in Thailand at the moment, but I had to drop by to check on you. Wow, can't believe you are already almost 15 months! So glad to hear the babies are doing well; sounds like you will have a big ole' boy like daddy! You better take care of yourself darling, don't want you to end up on bed rest either. Can't wait until November; will be wonderful if I could attend one of your appointments so I could see the little ones. Rub your belly for Aunt Tam! XOXOX

The Allens said...

I am so self conscious about whether I look bigger than I should and comments like the cashier's would definitely get to me. A girl in our Sunday School class is due the SAME day I am, so with every Sunday comes a mental comparison of my stomach versus hers. I am TRYING to relax on that, but it's hard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails