The twins are now 3 months old and my how time is flying by. I cannot believe how fast they are growing and how big they are. Chance is weighing 11.14oz and is 21 3/8in long. Took him to the Pediatrician last week and she seems to think that he is a little small, so she is keeping a close eye on his growth. We of course, think that he is perfect and are praying that she is just being a little over cautious! Brynlee is another story, she is growing like a weed and passing her brother up by far. She weighs 12lbs and is 22.5in long. She is taking after her Daddy so far! She is so precious and is just a little rolly polly girl! They are both wearing size 1 diapers and are getting a little tight for our sweet girl. They are becoming more and more active and seem to amaze us everyday with the little things that they do. Tummy time is becoming a little more pleasant with Brynlee. She is getting so strong and is pushing up with both arms. She can hold her head up pretty good when she wants to and her legs just go crazy when she is on her belly. She will be ready to crawl in no time. Chance is still so strong and amazes us how he can hold his little head up for long periods of time. Chance is our happy baby. He just smiles at everything no matter what is going on. Not sure if it is on purpose yet or if we just happen to catch those grins by accident. But he loves to smile for his Mommy and Daddy, at our silly faces and tone of voice. Brynlee is starting to smile more and more. We were a little worry that she was going to be our grouchy, snobby, high maintenance girl, but she seems to become happier everyday. As of May 19th, the twins are sleeping mostly through the night! It is so wonderful and I am hoping that this is a true turning point. They usually have their last feeding at 8:30pm and are sleeping until about 6:30am or 7am. It is such a relieve! But when they wake up, they are starving and have no problem letting us know. The first night they slept through the night, I was a little freaked out. Now that they are sleeping, I cannot sleep through the night. I have to get up at least twice to make sure they are breathing. Perfectly normal right? I would think so!!! They are doing so many things now. They are cooing, laughing (or making noises while smiling) and making such sweet noices all of the time. Brynlee LOVES to talk. While changing diapers, eating, bathing, or riding in the car...she just talks and talks. It is the sweetest sound to our ears. Not sure where she got that from? hee!hee! Chance is a big cooer as well, but does not talk as much as Sister does. It must it's a girl thing, uh? A couple of weekends ago, we were spending time with Ryan, Aimee and Kaylon. Kaylon is now 8 months old and is growing bigger everyday. While at the Forey's, we decided to put the twins in Kaylon's Bumbo seat. They actually did very well. Chance is a little stronger then Brynlee, so he sat up a little bit better and longer then she did. But they both did so well and looked so big sitting up. They will be sitting in their own Bumbos on a regular basis before we know it.
They are such a joy and are keeping Sean and I so entertained (and busy), we just cannot believe that they are 3 months old. I am working part time, so we get to spend so much time with them. We are both sharing the responsibility of taking care of them and it is working out great. Sean being a hands on Dad is such a blessing and he is doing a fabulous job. Sometimes I think he is the better parent. He has so much patience with them, can answer ANY question regarding their sleeping, eating, pooping, tummy time, anything! He is amazing and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful partner to share this exciting journey with. I love you babe! I am not sure if I have posted anything yet about how much work, time and money having twins takes, but here is just a little idea of what we go through on a daily basis.
- On average, we change about 20 diapers a day
- 12 feedings starting from 6am to 11:30pm
- wash 24 bottles
- spend $50 every week and half on formula
- 2 loads of baby laundry at least every other day
Notice I did not mention how much we spend on diapers, that is because we have only bought 1, yes I said 1, package of diapers since they were born. We received over 3000 diapers at our diaper party back in February and have yet needed to buy diapers. Is that not amazing? We have been truly blessed in that department. If only we could have a formula and baby food shower. hee!hee! Speaking of baby food, Sean and I have gone back and forth on the topic of purchasing baby food or me actually making our own organic food for them. After talking to Ryan and Aimee about how much they spend on baby food for Kaylon, I think we have decided to make our own. Kaylon eats on a daily average about 6 jars of baby food at $.89 a jar. They spend about $35-40 a week on baby food. So to feed our 2 we would spend on average about $60-80 a week. YIKES!!!! That is on top of the formula. So my mission now is to research making my own baby food. Wish me luck. I am determined to accomplish this and succeed at keeping my babies eating healthy and organic!!! If anyone has any tips (only because you have done this before), I would appreciate anything that you have to offer...good or bad! I need to hear it all!!! That is it for now. Click here to see photos.
Love to all!!!



6 comments:
They are so cute and sweet...hard to believe they are already 3 months old.
Hey, make me some baby food while you are at it.
There is an awesome cooker at William Sonoma you may want to check out..I am sure you have seen it.
I am going to plan a playdate party/lunch at my house in July...but I will give you a call when the date is set. Thought it would be fun for all us Mommy's to get together.
Stevie refused all baby food and would only eat table food. He made us eat healthier!!
What a wonderful update on you, Sean, and the healthy growing twins. I love that you are updating the world about their progress, especailly since I can't be with all of you on a daily basis. You are definitely blessed girl, both with two beautiful babies and a supportive, loving husband. And kudos to you for taking on the challange of making their food. Best of luck with that!
Hey Melissa!
I was just catching up on your blog and saw this post. I made Isaac's baby food and still make some to sneak in to sauces! I used the So Easy Baby Food Kit. It is a great book and it comes w/ ice trays for freezing perfect portion sizes. I highly recommend it. Also, I just used our regular blender and food processor. Just a thought! Best of luck!
hey I stumbled across your blog on Kelly's Korner (Show us where you live) and noticed your comment about spending $40-$60 on baby food aside from formula. I don't know what baby food your looking at but thought I'd just share my experience with my son, who is now 9 months.
Raziel eats every 3 hours and if he's hungry he will down a whole jar of baby food -- step 3 baby food even. I would have never made it because jars of baby food gets expensive fast. It's only 89 cents a jar but that adds up. Anyway, two things saved my neck feeding him.
#1) Rice cereal
I buy the organic stuff and its only about $3 or $4 a box and a box of this stuff lasts weeks. You can get rice, grain, oatmeal, all kinds of stuff. You mix in juice or water and warm it up a bit and have a bowl of mushy food. This is perfect when they are just learning to eat because they wear more of it that eat anyways.
#2) I don't know about you, but I absolutely couldn't afford formula so I applied for WIC at the health department. I think there's a income limit but it's pretty decent. WIC pays for all my formula - I get like 12 cans a month. It might be worth looking into -- that's $150+ a month if you buy the organic stuff!
I have twins and I also made my baby food. www.wholesomebabyfood.com
THE BEST website.
Post a Comment